Chances are, your business needs at least some liability insurance, no matter what type of business it is or how it's run. General liability policies vary, but often include these kind of coverages:
- Personal injury
- Advertising liability (usually unavailable if your business is in advertising or a related field)
- Medical payments for minor injuries suffered on your premises by customers or other members of the general public
- Damage caused by fire, smoke, and explosion in the building you rent or lease
- Contractual liability
- Property damage
- Liquor liability (unless your business concerns the distribution or sale of liquor)
- Limited worldwide products liability, which expands coverage beyond your geographic area to cover areas where your products are distributed
- Incidental medical malpractice, in the event someone is provided emergency first aid on your premises and is injured in the process
- Non-owned watercraft or aircraft
Other coverages can be included that are tailored to suit the nature of your business and you particular liabilities. Discuss your coverage options with your insurance agent or broker.
First Commonwealth Bank and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.